So reading in the paper and watching the news I came across this current story in Phoenix, AZ. Seems there are beleived to be two serial killers operating in the Phoenix area. At least one of them is beleived to be African American, which is highly unusual. For a while now I have this twisted interest in serial killers and how they are truly twisted characters. If you look at the profile of serial killers they have these traits:
1) Most are white males in their twenties or thirties
2) Target strangers near their homes or places of work.
3) 88% of serial killers are male
4) 85% are Caucasian
5) Average age when they claim their first victim is usually around 28.5.
6) 62% of the killers target strangers exclusively.
7) 22% kill at least one stranger.
8) 71% of the killers operate in a specific location or area, rather than traveling wide distances to commit their crimes
9) F.B.I claims that to be classified as a serial killer, the person must first complete 3 separate murders. That are spaced by a duration they call “the cooling off period” which can vary from a few days to years.
10) Virtually all serial killers come from dysfunctional backgrounds involving sexual or physical abuse, drugs or alcoholism and their related problems
11) 85% of serial killers are from the United States
The serial killers also have the aspect of being either a Sociopath (Antisocial Personality Disorder) or Psychopath. The Sociopath knows right from wrong but simple does not care were as the Psychopath is not in touch with reality.